Mac OS X Screen Savers
Miscellaneous OpenGL-based effects with transitions. Highly randomized. Slightly interactive (press I for help).
- Changes in version 1.1.1:
- Now a universal binary; should run on Intel Macs, but not tested.
- Changes in version 1.1:
- Info area and particle textures work under Mac OS X 10.3 and later, instead of having or being large white areas.
- New effects: Voronoi diagram; point grid; infinite tunnel.
- Plot effect has several new functions to plot.
- Trail effect is somewhat less ugly.
- Fractal effect has modes where subdivision boxes appear instead of disappearing.
- Grids effect has multiple styles of grids, and may turn the camera independently of the direction of motion.
- Chain effect: spheres will be less oversaturated; new "curl" motion mode; fixed incorrect info display.
- Particles effect: an uninteresting motion mode has been removed.
Kevin's Fireworks 1.0.3
Unrealistic, but carefully-designed pseudofireworks. It is excessively configurable, having 67 (at last count) sliders. Best enjoyed in a dark room on a CRT.
- Changes in version 1.0.3:
- Now a universal binary; runs on Intel Macs.
- Changes in version 1.0.2:
- Smooth-edged flashes in OpenGL mode. (The sample images have not been updated.)
- Faster drawing.
- OpenGL mode supports information display.
- Various graphics changes.
- Changes in version 1.0.1:
- Will no longer stutter if few things are on the screen.
- Smaller file size.
Kevin's World 0.1
A work in progress.
The basic idea is that there is a grid with various terrain types (which is incrementally modified), and various “mobiles” wander about it. The terrains so far are ground, mountain/wall, water, and bridge. The mobiles are bouncing rollers, edge followers, and fish.
The camera picks several mobiles (usually two) and keeps them in view, choosing different ones after a while, or if the group wanders too far apart.
For more information, see this LiveJournal entry.